Re: Delphi to bytecode compiler

jonathan@microtec.fr (Jonathan Neve)
13 Sep 2004 12:27:51 -0400

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Delphi to bytecode compiler jonathan@microtec.fr (Jonathan Neve) (2004-09-03)
Re: Delphi to bytecode compiler Martin.Waldenburg@T-Online.de (Martin Waldenburg) (2004-09-07)
Re: Delphi to bytecode compiler vbdis@aol.com (2004-09-08)
Re: Delphi to bytecode compiler jonathan@microtec.fr (2004-09-13)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: jonathan@microtec.fr (Jonathan Neve)
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 13 Sep 2004 12:27:51 -0400
Posted-Date: 13 Sep 2004 12:27:51 EDT

VBDis wrote:
> You have been asking this question in so many groups, and obviously
> you are not pleased by the answers. Perhaps you should specify what
> exactly you want to hear.

Well, actually, I posted it everywhere at the same time, but the one
in this group (strangely) took much longer to come through. I did get
some interesting answers from the other groups though. I am basically
asking whether any such compiler already exists, and if not, how what
exactly would be involved in doing it.

> - sit down and write...

I would if I had both time and sufficient competance. I certainly
don't have the former, and as for the latter, I would only be able to
aquire it by spending a considerable amount of time learning more
about compiler technology. But that leads me back to point 1... :-)

> or - find some fool to write it for you ;-)

Gladly! But it wouldn't necessarily require that they be a fool...
Anyone in the Delphi or Java world would have much to gain from such a
project. It's not as though I were asking someone to do something that
would only be of any value to me personnaly...

Anyway, thanks for replying.

Regards,
Jonathan Neve.