Re: Other than lex/yacc

"Ira Baxter" <>
7 Sep 2004 23:51:02 -0400

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Other than lex/yacc (umar) (2004-08-23)
Re: Other than lex/yacc (Dmitry A. Kazakov) (2004-08-25)
Re: Other than lex/yacc (Nick Roberts) (2004-08-25)
Re: Other than lex/yacc (Ira Baxter) (2004-09-07)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: "Ira Baxter" <>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 7 Sep 2004 23:51:02 -0400
Posted-Date: 07 Sep 2004 23:51:02 EDT

"umar" <> wrote
> I am looking for clean and efficient lexical/parser tool which generates
> (abstract) syntax trees, symbol table information and easily manipulatable
> intermediate form. It would be great if the tool allows handling
> assertions/comments also.
> I intend to derive verification conditions for the input program (
> may be in written in C,Java, or my own toy language).

The DMS Software Reengineering Toolkit meets all of these
requirements. It has front ends including full symbol table
construction for C, C++, COBOL and Java. The ASTs are directly
manipulable via source to source transformations or analyzable via
attribute evaluation. See

Ira D. Baxter, Ph.D., CTO 512-250-1018
Semantic Designs, Inc.