|Compiler-Compiler with visual debugging facilities firstname.lastname@example.org (Lothar Schmitz) (2004-09-03)|
|From:||Lothar Schmitz <email@example.com>|
|Date:||3 Sep 2004 12:38:16 -0400|
|Posted-Date:||03 Sep 2004 12:38:16 EDT|
Have a look at our Jaccie compiler-compiler system,
which was developed for educational purposes, and
It consists of
- a scanner generator
- LL(1), SLR(1), LALR(1), and LR(1) parser generators
- two simple attribute evaluator generators
- special editors for scanner/parser/attribute grammar definitions
- visual debugging windows for watching the details of the
generated compiler components at work (among other things,
parsers with conficts can be tested in nondeterministic mode)
- information windows for viewing first/follow sets,
parsing automata, parser conflicts etc
With a mouse click, you can produce the Java source code of generated
components and incorporate it into your own applications.
Jaccie is available for free via the above web site. There, you will
also find a lot of examples and very comprehensive documentation (also
including a tutorial text on the theoretical background).
Return to the
Search the comp.compilers archives again.