regular expression identities with complement (Ralph Boland)
3 Sep 2004 12:35:38 -0400

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
regular expression identities with complement (2004-09-03)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: (Ralph Boland)
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 3 Sep 2004 12:35:38 -0400
Posted-Date: 03 Sep 2004 12:35:38 EDT

I am implemnting a regular expression to finite state machine converter and
will be implementing the complement operator "~".

In order to test my code I would like to know of regular expression identities
that use the complement operator. The only one I am aware of is:

          ~~R = R

Clearly though to test my code I need something more useful than the above

Can anyone point out any such identities to me or to references to such

Ralph Boland