Delphi to bytecode compiler

Jonathan Neve <jonathan@microtec.fr>
3 Sep 2004 12:33:23 -0400

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Delphi to bytecode compiler jonathan@microtec.fr (Jonathan Neve) (2004-09-03)
Re: Delphi to bytecode compiler Martin.Waldenburg@T-Online.de (Martin Waldenburg) (2004-09-07)
Re: Delphi to bytecode compiler vbdis@aol.com (2004-09-08)
Re: Delphi to bytecode compiler jonathan@microtec.fr (2004-09-13)
Re: Delphi to bytecode compiler (.NET or JVM) postmaster@paul.washington.dc.us (Paul Robinson) (2004-12-23)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: Jonathan Neve <jonathan@microtec.fr>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers,comp.lang.pascal.delphi.misc
Date: 3 Sep 2004 12:33:23 -0400
Posted-Date: 03 Sep 2004 12:33:23 EDT

Hi all!

I'm wondering what would be involved in making a Delphi to bytecode
compiler... Does anyone have any experience writing compilers, that
could give me some advice?

The reason I think this would be useful, is that it would broaden the
scope of the Java platform, enabling many languages to be used (just
like .NET). There are already several langages (e.g. Java, Jython,
Groovy, and perhaps others), but it would be nice to have a language as
close as possible to Delphi syntax that could likewise compile into
bytecode. This would greatly facilitate converting projects from Delphi
to Java.

Any ideas?

Thanks!
Joanthan Neve.