Re: Help with alias analysis framework

Roberto Bagnara <>
15 Aug 2004 22:17:29 -0400

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Help with alias analysis framework (2004-08-13)
Re: Help with alias analysis framework (Roberto Bagnara) (2004-08-15)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: Roberto Bagnara <>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 15 Aug 2004 22:17:29 -0400
Posted-Date: 15 Aug 2004 22:17:29 EDT

BerPast wrote:
> In the paper "Interprocedural may-alias analysis for pointers: beyond
> k-limiting", the author presents a parametric framework for the
> analysis of pointer aliases.
> The framework is parametrised by a numeric lattice V#.
> [...]
> I need to implement the lattice operators [...] but how can this problem
> be solved for a generic lattice?

I am not sure I understand what you mean by "[solving] this problem [...]
for a generic lattice." All the numerical abstractions provided by the
Parma Polyhedra Library ( come with the
operations that a numeric lattice must possess in Alain Deutsch's framework.
All the best,

          Roberto Bagnara

Prof. Roberto Bagnara
Computer Science Group