Re: C parser (Cedric LEMAIRE)
10 Aug 2004 17:31:28 -0400

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
C parser (Siddharth Choudhuri) (2004-07-28)
Re: C parser (Rajaram) (2004-08-04)
Re: C parser (jacob navia) (2004-08-04)
Re: C parser (Daniel C. Wang) (2004-08-04)
Re: C parser (2004-08-05)
C parser (=?gb2312?q?sky=20yan?=) (2004-08-05)
Re: C parser (2004-08-10)
Re: C parser (Siddharth Choudhuri) (2004-08-11)
C parser (DAVID) (1997-07-16)
Re: C parser (Dave Hanson) (1997-07-18)
Re: C parser (1997-07-22)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: (Cedric LEMAIRE)
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 10 Aug 2004 17:31:28 -0400
Posted-Date: 10 Aug 2004 17:31:28 EDT

Siddharth Choudhuri <> wrote
> I am looking for a C parser that can generate a list of all variable
> names, their type (int, char...) and scope (auto, static, ...) by reading
> a C source file.

I wrote a C parser, which is still incomplete for parsing, and which
doesn't take into account the preprocessing rigourously. It gives you
functions, statements, variable declarations, typedefs, structs,
unions and so on.

The C parser is implemented as a extended-BNF script in CodeWorker, a
parsing tool and a universal source code generator available at
If you are interested, I could send you the C parser. It may not work
on every C file properly, and may need some adjustments or corrections
that I will do as soon as you will detect some mistakes.