|Announce: aiSee Graph Layout Software -- Release 2.1.97 email@example.com (Alexander A. Evstyugov-Babaev) (2004-06-28)|
|From:||"Alexander A. Evstyugov-Babaev" <firstname.lastname@example.org>|
|Date:||28 Jun 2004 19:58:43 -0400|
|Keywords:||tools, available, visual|
|Posted-Date:||28 Jun 2004 19:58:43 EDT|
When working with any kind of complex relational data, visualization
provides for much better and faster understanding. aiSee was developed
to visualize the internal data structures typically found in compilers.
Today it is widely used in many different areas:
- Software development (control flow graphs, call graphs, PERT charts)
- Database management (entity relationship diagrams)
- Hardware design (circuit diagrams, networks)
- Genealogy (family trees, evolution diagrams)
- Webmastering (site maps, P2P networks)
aiSee reads a textual, easy-to-read and easy-to-learn graph specification
and automatically calculates a customizable graph layout. This layout is
then displayed, and can be interactively explored, printed and exported
to various formats.
aiSee has been optimized to handle huge graphs automatically generated
by other applications (e.g. compilers). It is available for Windows,
Linux, Solaris, NetBSD and Mac OS X.
Example graphs: http://www.aiSee.com/gallery
- Award-winning readability of calculated layouts.
- Fast layout calculation for huge graphs.
- Various graph layout methods, including force-directed
layout and a specialized algorithm for layout of trees.
- Zooming of graphs and easy navigation.
- Recursive graph nesting and advanced graph hierarchy operations,
including folding, unfolding, clustering and wrapping of subgraphs
and user-specified connected regions.
- Animation of series of graphs and smooth transitions.
- Export of graphs to various formats, including SVG, PNG and
colored Postscript (on multiple pages for large graphs).
three additional information windows can be associated
with each node/subgraph.
- PNG icon support.
- Fish-eye views.
- The input format GDL (Graph Description Language) provides for
very natural textual data representation, and is also easy to
learn. Human-readable GDL specifications can be automatically
produced from all programming languages, enabling seamless
integration of aiSee into existing tool chains. GDL syntax
highlighting packages are freely available for many popular
open source text editors.
Enhancements since last announce on comp.compilers include:
- Export of graphs to HTML (image maps).
- Improved algorithms for drawing edges, edge arrows and splines.
- Improved force-directed layout.
- Enhanced export to PS and SVG.
- Improved layout of nested and clustered subgraphs.
- Support for new GDL attributes and command-line parameters.
For details, see http://www.aiSee.com/changelog
Visit http://www.aiSee.com/download for a 30-day trial version.
aiSee is available free of charge for non-commercial usage. The
price for a commercial license starts at EUR 395 (~US $470) and
drops from there (e.g. discounts for site licenses).
For more information
66123 Saarbruecken, Germany
phone: +49 681 831 831 7
fax : +49 681 831 832 0
Web : http://www.AbsInt.com
Product flyer: http://www.aiSee.com/aiSee.pdf (1.1MB)
AbsInt provides sophisticated software products and advanced services
in the areas of compiler technology, static program analysis, worst-case
execution time prediction, and software visualization.
Return to the
Search the comp.compilers archives again.