C++ FFI wrapper projects?

"Brandon J. Van Every" <vanevery@indiegamedesign.com>
14 Jun 2004 17:46:26 -0400

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
C++ FFI wrapper projects? vanevery@indiegamedesign.com (Brandon J. Van Every) (2004-06-14)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: "Brandon J. Van Every" <vanevery@indiegamedesign.com>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 14 Jun 2004 17:46:26 -0400
Posted-Date: 14 Jun 2004 17:46:25 EDT

I asked about this in comp.lang.c++.moderated but didn't get much response.
Maybe people here are more knowledgeable, or more responsive.

Does anyone know of Foreign Function Interfaces or wrapper projects for C++,
meant for other languages to call C++? (I'm not terribly interested in C++
calling other languages.) Here are projects I'm currently aware of that
work "to some degree".

- SWIG http://ww.swig.org
- Boost Python http://www.boost.org/libs/python/doc/index.html
- .NET Managed C++ http://msdn.microsoft.com/visualc/
- Chicken Scheme
http://www.call-with-current-continuation.org/manual/C---notes.html#C++%20notes
- CScheme http://www.dia.uniroma3.it/~scorzell/

I'd be happy for pointers to expand the list. I am mainly interested in
compiled higher level languages that emit native code, but at this point I'm
feeling like beggers can't be too choosy.

--
Cheers, www.indiegamedesign.com
Brandon Van Every Seattle, WA

"The pioneer is the one with the arrows in his back."
                                                    - anonymous entrepreneur