C++ FFI wrapper projects?

"Brandon J. Van Every" <vanevery@indiegamedesign.com>
14 Jun 2004 17:46:26 -0400

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
C++ FFI wrapper projects? vanevery@indiegamedesign.com (Brandon J. Van Every) (2004-06-14)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: "Brandon J. Van Every" <vanevery@indiegamedesign.com>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 14 Jun 2004 17:46:26 -0400
Posted-Date: 14 Jun 2004 17:46:25 EDT

I asked about this in comp.lang.c++.moderated but didn't get much response.
Maybe people here are more knowledgeable, or more responsive.

Does anyone know of Foreign Function Interfaces or wrapper projects for C++,
meant for other languages to call C++? (I'm not terribly interested in C++
calling other languages.) Here are projects I'm currently aware of that
work "to some degree".

- SWIG http://ww.swig.org
- Boost Python http://www.boost.org/libs/python/doc/index.html
- .NET Managed C++ http://msdn.microsoft.com/visualc/
- Chicken Scheme
- CScheme http://www.dia.uniroma3.it/~scorzell/

I'd be happy for pointers to expand the list. I am mainly interested in
compiled higher level languages that emit native code, but at this point I'm
feeling like beggers can't be too choosy.

Cheers, www.indiegamedesign.com
Brandon Van Every Seattle, WA

"The pioneer is the one with the arrows in his back."
                                                    - anonymous entrepreneur