compiler for embedded processor, job market? -- newbie's question

gogogo_1001@yahoo.com (Charlie)
6 Jun 2004 15:24:33 -0400

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
compiler for embedded processor, job market? -- newbie's question gogogo_1001@yahoo.com (2004-06-06)
Re: compiler for embedded processor, job market? -- newbie's question derek@NOSPAMknosof.co.uk (Derek M Jones) (2004-06-09)
Re: compiler for embedded processor, job market? -- newbie's question seanatpurdue@hotmail.com (Sean) (2005-12-11)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: gogogo_1001@yahoo.com (Charlie)
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 6 Jun 2004 15:24:33 -0400
Posted-Date: 06 Jun 2004 15:24:33 EDT

Dear all,

I'm,confusing.... Any pointer is welcome!

1> I wonder what is the job market for compiler writters?
          * Seems only embedded processors are creating opportunities,
              when I seeing the ads on compilerjobs.com.

2> How competitive it is for backend
compiler-writer/porter/optimizer's job market?

2> Having read the chapters about Code generation in dragon book,
Munick's book, how to get some real hands-on market require skills for
code gen for embedded processor?

3> It seems that lots of job ads require GCC for embedded processors,
I wonder ,In the market, what is the percentage of embedded compiler
is implemented in GCC? If I started to learn GCC's code generation,
would I be able to find a job?

Many thanks!

Charlie Brown