Re: Parsing a text stream (Gopi Bulusu)
2 May 2004 21:54:24 -0400

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Parsing a text stream (2004-04-28)
Re: Parsing a text stream (Dmitry A.Kazakov) (2004-04-29)
Re: Parsing a text stream (2004-05-02)
Re: Parsing a text stream (Pete Jinks) (2004-05-02)
Re: Parsing a text stream (Paul Robinson) (2004-05-24)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: (Gopi Bulusu)
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 2 May 2004 21:54:24 -0400
Posted-Date: 02 May 2004 21:54:24 EDT

> So in a summary, what I'm looking for is something with Lexical
> Parsers capability and at the same time being able to handle errors
> (whether by telling it, or make a new error handling mechanism) such
> as what I said above.

Good question ! I do believe the solution is to define grammar rules
that can be used in a hierarchical manner, for example -- first try
matching program, if that fails a statement, then a token etc.

We allow this approach in our dynamic model driven translation
framework (SANKHYA Translation Framework).

For more information, please visit:

Please e-mail me if you need any more help.

Btw, the neat thing is, if use STF, you can also specify the syntax
coloring directives (for example HTML annotations) in the grammar
file, effectively placing both the grammar and the syntax coloring
in a single model, that can be loaded dynamically by the consumer

Best Regards,

Gopi Kumar Bulusu
Sankhya Technologies Private Limited
Tel: +91 891 554 2666