EBNF character / numeral statement

"Christian Bode" <kubopic@gmx.de>
14 Apr 2004 00:28:44 -0400

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
EBNF character / numeral statement kubopic@gmx.de (Christian Bode) (2004-04-14)
Re: EBNF character / numeral statement f40mczf02@sneakemail.com (Karsten Nyblad) (2004-04-15)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: "Christian Bode" <kubopic@gmx.de>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 14 Apr 2004 00:28:44 -0400
Posted-Date: 14 Apr 2004 00:28:44 EDT

hi,

I hope you can help me. I try to explain my problem.

I also working on a interpreter which use the EBNF grammar. But there are
some points I don't understand. Please take a look at this page:

http://infos.osk.uni-bielefeld.de/fakoinf/htmldata/projekte/pcomp/gesamt.htm

It's only a German page, so please look at the G = (T, N, S, R) description.

Is the R assignment correct over all ? Why is the Buchstabe (character) and
Ziffer (numeral) quoted ? They aren't terminal symbols. And also where they
are fixed ?

Is a character and numeral a special Keyword which standing for "A".."Z" &&
"a".."z" and "0".."1".

thx and best regards from

Christian