lex/flex yacc/bison for VS?

JimT <jim_taylor@ieee.org>
11 Mar 2004 12:54:01 -0500

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
lex/flex yacc/bison for VS? jim_taylor@ieee.org (JimT) (2004-03-11)
Re: lex/flex yacc/bison for VS? vbdis@aol.com (2004-03-15)
Re: lex/flex yacc/bison for VS? haberg@matematik.su.se (2004-03-15)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: JimT <jim_taylor@ieee.org>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 11 Mar 2004 12:54:01 -0500
Posted-Date: 11 Mar 2004 12:54:01 EST

I downloaded flex/bison for win32 but I can't get the code produced by
flex to compile in Visual Studio .NET. The code looks good, but it
includes headers that don't exist, specifically unistd.h. I am told
that this is a unix-only file, not used in win32, but if I leave it out
I get a pile of other compilation errors because the symbols it defines
can't be found.

Is there a lex/yacc (or look-alike) package that produces C, C++, or C#
code that will compile in VS.NET (or VS6 if I have to) without having to
edit the generated code?

JimT
[Berkeley yacc, on which Bison is based, doesn't have any unistd
dependencies that I can see. I know people have built flex on
Windows and it has ifdef's to help. -John]