Re: Optimizations Overview

Charles Harrison Caudill <>
26 Feb 2004 01:13:59 -0500

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Optimizations Overview (2004-02-13)
Re: Optimizations Overview (Charles Harrison Caudill) (2004-02-26)
Re: Optimizations Overview (Feng Qian) (2004-02-27)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: Charles Harrison Caudill <>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 26 Feb 2004 01:13:59 -0500
Posted-Date: 26 Feb 2004 01:13:59 EST

gotachance <> wrote:
> i'm looking for a compiler optimizations overview like this one:
> which i think is one of
> the best on the net.

I'm not really sure about a good overview like that. Are you maybe looking
for something to help you actually write one?

If so: Modern Compiler Implementation in ML by Andrew Appel is the book I used
for my compilers class, and it did a pretty good job.

> I'm especially looking for an overview of optimizations done by the
> C/C++_compiler's of Intel, Microsoft, Borland and Watcom.

Probably not dissimmilar from those used in GCC.

Harrison Caudill | .^
Computer Science & Physics Double Major | | Me*Me=1
Georgia Institute of Technology | v' I'm just a normal guy