Re: LR(k) parser generators generating code in C++

haberg@matematik.su.se (Hans Aberg)
12 Feb 2004 11:03:09 -0500

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
LR(k) parser generators generating code in C++ gi2@mariani.ws (Gianni Mariani) (2004-02-08)
Re: LR(k) parser generators generating code in C++ haberg@matematik.su.se (2004-02-12)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: haberg@matematik.su.se (Hans Aberg)
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 12 Feb 2004 11:03:09 -0500
Posted-Date: 12 Feb 2004 11:03:09 EST

  Gianni Mariani <gi2@mariani.ws> wrote:

>I'm about to start a new project which requires a new parser and so
>I'm interested in knowing what's happening/happened in the last 5
>years in parser generator history. C++ is the language we will be
>using for development.

I am using C++ together with Flex/Bison. Bison now uses the macro program
M4 in order to produce output source files, so it is easy to make
customized skeleton files by modifying an existing one. For C++, I use a
skeleton file I wrote myself. It is publised in the Bison-patches list,
together with instructions. See GNU <http://gnu.org/>.

    Hans Aberg