Compiler Phases

"christopher diggins" <>
22 Jan 2004 23:13:07 -0500

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Compiler Phases (christopher diggins) (2004-01-22)
Re: Compiler Phases (2004-01-31)
Re: Compiler Phases (dablick) (2004-02-01)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: "christopher diggins" <>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 22 Jan 2004 23:13:07 -0500
Posted-Date: 22 Jan 2004 23:13:07 EST

I am writing a compiler for my new language Heron using Heron
itself. I was wondering if anyone has some ideas for a design for as
simple a compiler possible using a declarative and object oriented
language similar to Java or C++.

The compiler can run slow as molasses, it can halt on the first error
found and it can be a huge memory hog. It just has to be very simple
to implement and understand as it will be read and worked on by people
with are just learning Heron. I don't need very much detail at all, I
just would like some ideas on what kind of design would be the path of
least resistance for hand coding a compiler. Please do not post about
using YACC etc., hand coding is a non-negotiable requirement for this

Thanks in advance.

Christopher Diggins
yet another language designer