run parse tree efficiently

weltraum@astrocat.de (Chris)
2 Jan 2004 03:46:05 -0500

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
run parse tree efficiently weltraum@astrocat.de (2004-01-02)
Re: run parse tree efficiently joachim.durchholz@web.de (Joachim Durchholz) (2004-01-07)
RE: run parse tree efficiently qjackson@shaw.ca (Quinn Tyler Jackson) (2004-01-07)
Re: run parse tree efficiently tmk@netvision.net.il (2004-01-07)
Re: run parse tree efficiently Jeffrey.Kenton@comcast.net (Jeff Kenton) (2004-01-09)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: weltraum@astrocat.de (Chris)
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 2 Jan 2004 03:46:05 -0500
Posted-Date: 02 Jan 2004 03:46:05 EST

hi!

I wrote a little interpreter by hand in c++ (without any tools) and
use the following technique to run the parse tree: I have an abstract
class "node" with a method "solve". The real tree nodes overload this
method, in which the solve methods of the child nodes are called
"recursively". To run the program the solve method of the main program
node is called and the rest happens automatically.

I want to know if this is the right/common technique to run a parse
tree. Is there any other more efficient solution?

bye
chris

ps. do you know free resources about interpreter design/programming in
the web, or good books?