Welcome to the 19th year of comp.compilers

John R Levine <compilers/request@iecc.com>
2 Jan 2004 03:37:09 -0500

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Welcome to the 19th year of comp.compilers compilers/request@iecc.com (John R Levine) (2004-01-02)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: John R Levine <compilers/request@iecc.com>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 2 Jan 2004 03:37:09 -0500
Posted-Date: 02 Jan 2004 03:37:09 EST

This week marks the 18th anniversary of comp.compilers, which began as
mod.compilers the first week of January 1986. I think it's now the
oldest active newsgroup with the original moderator, which shows if
nothing else an impressive lack of imagination on your moderator's
part. (The Risks digest which also still has its original editor is a
few months older as a mailing list, but wasn't posted to usenet until
1988.)

I'm still happy to keep moderating, and there's still plenty of traffic,
so I'm looking forward to another interesting year.

Regards,
John Levine, comp.compilers moderator,
johnl@iecc.com, http://compilers.iecc.com