Re: Quick Book Review: Engineering A Compiler / Keith Cooper & Linda Torczon

Randy Crawford <crwfrd@umich.edu>
8 Dec 2003 00:14:22 -0500

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Quick Book Review: Engineering A Compiler / Keith Cooper & Linda Torcz Jeffrey.Kenton@comcast.net (Jeff Kenton) (2003-12-03)
Re: Quick Book Review: Engineering A Compiler / Keith Cooper & Linda crwfrd@umich.edu (Randy Crawford) (2003-12-08)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: Randy Crawford <crwfrd@umich.edu>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 8 Dec 2003 00:14:22 -0500
Posted-Date: 08 Dec 2003 00:14:22 EST

I haven't taken a close look at the book yet, but I really like
their choice of material. It covers back ends and intermediate
representations *much* more thoroughly than the ten or so other
compiler texts I've seen. It has the feel of a book written by
folks who build real modern compilers. Thus far, it would easily
be my first choice in compiler texts.

          Randy

--
Randy Crawford http://cac.engin.umich.edu