constatnt initialization (Attila Csosz)
3 Dec 2003 20:43:07 -0500

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
constatnt initialization (2003-12-03)
Re: constatnt initialization (2003-12-08)
Re: constatnt initialization (Clint Olsen) (2003-12-13)
Re: constatnt initialization (Nick Roberts) (2003-12-13)
Re: constatnt initialization (Joachim Durchholz) (2003-12-14)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: (Attila Csosz)
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 3 Dec 2003 20:43:07 -0500
Posted-Date: 03 Dec 2003 20:43:07 EST

I'm working a VHDL (hardware description language)
compiler/interpreter. The language has a complex type system (like

There are constant initialziation in format

constant name: type := expression;

My question: how to check that this can be assigned? I generate
pseudo-code. The "type" can complex: like multidimensional arrays
containing records. Can you draft me how do it?

I have the book Aho/Sethi/Ulmann: Compilers. Can you suggest me
algorithms in this book for it or in the internet or other good books?