Re: Significant indentation

Ray Dillinger <>
3 Dec 2003 17:48:51 -0500

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Use of punctuation in a language? (Herbert) (2003-10-31)
Re: Use of punctuation in a language? (Joachim Durchholz) (2003-11-08)
Re: Use of punctuation in a language? (Ray Dillinger) (2003-11-11)
Significant indentation (Joachim Durchholz) (2003-11-21)
Re: Significant indentation (Ray Dillinger) (2003-12-03)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: Ray Dillinger <>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 3 Dec 2003 17:48:51 -0500
Posted-Date: 03 Dec 2003 17:48:51 EST

Joachim Durchholz wrote:

> perspective of source code inspection, it's a clear win: less syntactic
> clutter on the screen (and less holy wars on the "proper indentation
> style" as a fringe benefit).

Considering that it was three sentences, mainly tangential to a
lot of interesting stuff I was writing about, and it's inspired
two partisan responses whereas everything interesting about the
post has been ignored so far, I don't think that "less holy wars"
can be claimed as a benefit. :-/

These days I don't allow myself to be drawn into holy wars about
any topic less important than sex. I recommend that as a goal
to strive for.

[ Enough, already. -John]