Testing approaches?

jeyrich@gmx.net (Joern Eyrich)
31 Oct 2003 23:05:22 -0500

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Testing approaches? jeyrich@gmx.net (2003-10-31)
Re: Testing approaches? nick.roberts@acm.org (Nick Roberts) (2003-11-08)
Re: Testing approaches? dietz@dls.net (Paul F. Dietz) (2003-11-11)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: jeyrich@gmx.net (Joern Eyrich)
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 31 Oct 2003 23:05:22 -0500
Posted-Date: 31 Oct 2003 23:05:22 EST

In the preparation for an upcoming project, a document written by
someone who is no longer available mentioned that one of the modules
essentially behaves like a compiler and should be tested like one.

I can imagine that there might be techniques that have proven
themselves suitable to this particular kind of software.

I tried to google for some information on the topic of testing
approaches for compilers, but wasn't able to find anything specific.

Do you know of/can you point me to any documentation about this?

Thanks,
Joern