RE: Def use chain length minimization

"Naveen Sharma, Noida" <>
31 Oct 2003 23:03:41 -0500

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Def use chain length minimization (2003-10-27)
RE: Def use chain length minimization (Naveen Sharma, Noida) (2003-10-31)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: "Naveen Sharma, Noida" <>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 31 Oct 2003 23:03:41 -0500
Posted-Date: 31 Oct 2003 23:03:41 EST Wrote:

> Can some body point me to any literature on minimizing def-use
> chains so that there is no cache miss between them. In other words can
> load stores be scheduled so that they are close enough of course no
> more closer than the latency of the load.

See this work done in gcc (related to scheduling before regsiter

The basic problem here was that un-restrained load-store
scheduling leads lot of spills during register-alloctaion.

I think this is in a sense related to your problem, although,
you have cache misses in mind.

Best Regards,
Naveen Sharma.