Re: Teaching compilers backwards?

rmatthewk@hotmail.com (Matthew K.)
8 Oct 2003 22:26:07 -0400

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Teaching compilers backwards? andy@galois.com (Andy Gill) (2003-09-23)
Re: Teaching compilers backwards? Trevor.Jenkins@suneidesis.com (2003-09-27)
Re: Teaching compilers backwards? rbates@southwind.net (Rodney M. Bates) (2003-10-04)
Re: Teaching compilers backwards? hat@se-126.se.wtb.tue.nl (Albert Hofkamp) (2003-10-08)
Re: Teaching compilers backwards? rmatthewk@hotmail.com (2003-10-08)
Re: Teaching compilers backwards? joachim.durchholz@web.de (Joachim Durchholz) (2003-10-12)
Re: Teaching compilers backwards? peter_flass@yahoo.com (Peter Flass) (2003-10-13)
Re: Teaching compilers backwards? Brian.Inglis@SystematicSw.ab.ca (Brian Inglis) (2003-10-13)
Re: Teaching compilers backwards? michael.l.ross@intel.com (Michael Ross) (2004-03-11)
Re: Teaching compilers backwards? rand@rice.edu (Randy Crawford) (2004-03-15)
Re: Teaching compilers backwards? zork_666@nospammail.net (Johnathan) (2004-03-15)

From: rmatthewk@hotmail.com (Matthew K.)
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 8 Oct 2003 22:26:07 -0400
Posted-Date: 08 Oct 2003 22:26:06 EDT

It seems like it would be a good idea to me. I recently just started
learning about compilers, and I did not see a connection between
lexical scanning and code generation. If you teach the students to
read in input and translate it in the same pass, then they might
better see this connection.

"Rodney M. Bates" <rbates@southwind.net> wrote