TOM 1.4 release announcement

Pierre-Etienne Moreau <>
30 Sep 2003 23:58:25 -0400

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
TOM 1.4 release announcement (Pierre-Etienne Moreau) (2003-09-30)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: Pierre-Etienne Moreau <>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 30 Sep 2003 23:58:25 -0400
Posted-Date: 30 Sep 2003 23:58:25 EDT

TOM 1.4 release announcement

It is my great privilege and pleasure to announce the availability of

This release continues our work on the integration of pattern matching
and rule based programming facilities into C and Java.

TOM is a pattern matching compiler which is particularly well-suited
for programming various transformations on trees/terms.
Its design follows our experiences on the efficient compilation of
rule-based systems. The tool can be seen as a Yacc-like compiler
translating patterns into executable pattern matching automata.
Similarly to Yacc, when a match is found, the corresponding semantic
action (a sequence of instructions written in C or Java) is triggered
and executed.

This new release contains many improved and new features:

            - an Eclipse plugin
            - an interactive debugger
            - a generalized backquote construct (for building terms)
            - an extension for XML transformations

TOM is available, in open source, from the TOM web page:

          best regards,
          Pierre-Etienne Moreau