Re: Tools to generate lex and yacc files

Albert Hofkamp <>
27 Sep 2003 13:58:33 -0400

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Tools to generate lex and yacc files (2003-09-23)
Re: Tools to generate lex and yacc files (Albert Hofkamp) (2003-09-27)
Re: Tools to generate lex and yacc files (Rainer Leupers) (2003-10-06)
Tools to generate lex and Yacc files (Julia Bach) (2004-02-27)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: Albert Hofkamp <>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 27 Sep 2003 13:58:33 -0400
Posted-Date: 27 Sep 2003 13:58:33 EDT

On 23 Sep 2003 13:05:44 -0400, Julia Bachynne <> wrote:
> Hi,
> Is there a tool to auto generate lex and Yacc files? I don't know how
> to really read user's mind, but maybe some wizard? I just want to know
> where there is already something like that exists.

Not afaik.

I know that software exists that understands the structure of a file,
and is able to replace parts by other parts using a by-example
approach. (I believe they used the phrase 'structural replacement').

This software however does not generate anything (other than a
modified file). Sorry, I don't have references to it.