Re: Stack based machine

"Alex McDonald" <>
27 Sep 2003 13:51:05 -0400

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Stack based machine (2003-09-14)
Re: Stack based machine (Derek M Jones) (2003-09-22)
Re: Stack based machine (Timothy Knox) (2003-09-23)
Re: Stack based machine (steve) (2003-09-23)
Re: Stack based machine (Alex McDonald) (2003-09-27)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: "Alex McDonald" <>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 27 Sep 2003 13:51:05 -0400
Posted-Date: 27 Sep 2003 13:51:05 EDT

> > Can anyone recommend a good article/book on stack based machine design
> > and implementation. I'm working on writing a compiler for a very small
> > imperative language.
> See:

Sorry for the sub-post; my news server didn't see the original, just

If it's stack _machine_ architectures you're interested in, see; covers Koopman's articles on
several chips, and a variety of others. If it's stack imperative
_language_ architectures, Forth is worth a look (particularly if it's
"very small" or "portable across achitectures" that you need). Good
place to start is, sections under "A
tribute to this great book by Leo Brodie..." (Starting Forth). To
write your own, see by
Bradford J. Rodriguez. Forth newsgroup at news://comp.lang.forth.

Alex McDonald