SAS code with Lex & Yacc

Carl.maughan@equifax.com (Carl Maughan)
4 Sep 2003 22:49:05 -0400

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
SAS code with Lex & Yacc Carl.maughan@equifax.com (2003-09-04)
Re: SAS code with Lex & Yacc kvale@pacbell.net (Mark Kvale) (2003-09-09)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: Carl.maughan@equifax.com (Carl Maughan)
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 4 Sep 2003 22:49:05 -0400
Posted-Date: 04 Sep 2003 22:49:05 EDT

Has anyone had any experience of using lex and yacc to process SAS
code? Any examples to get me started? I'm not to worried about
parsing time, but were planning on parsing and writing into another
language (probably C++), then compiling the resultant code - may sound
strange but I need a high performance execution of what has been
written in SAS (under UNIX) from an analysis environment, on an
environment with a C++ compiler but no fast SAS implementation. Human
conversion of the SAS code has been done in the past, but has been
fraught with errors, and large testing cycles.