Re: Symbols in library. (VBDis)
23 Aug 2003 23:16:11 -0400

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Symbols in library. (2003-07-31)
Re: Symbols in library. (Victor Bazarov) (2003-08-04)
Re: Symbols in library. (Artie Gold) (2003-08-04)
Re: Symbols in library. (2003-08-10)
Re: Symbols in library. (2003-08-20)
Re: Symbols in library. (2003-08-23)
Re: Symbols in library. (Dave Thompson) (2003-09-01)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: (VBDis)
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 23 Aug 2003 23:16:11 -0400
Posted-Date: 23 Aug 2003 23:16:11 EDT (Torbak) schreibt:

>I fact my question should be shortly discribe like this : Libraries
>are files wich contain compiled code. Then to be linked, they contain
>symboles description to discribe to the linker where it can find
>functions which are accesible in the library.

It's just the linker which also has to know about private/static functions, so
that these also can be linked into a program.

>I use microsoft C compiler.

If you really want the names of static functions to disappear, then make the
library a DLL. Then the linker can resolve all internal references when linking
the DLL, so that only the exported (non-static) names remain visible in the
exports section of the DLL.