Re: lex/yacc in Visual Basic ?

"Andrew" <afriedl@data-source.com>
15 Aug 2003 23:46:58 -0400

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
lex/yacc in Visual Basic ? jncharli@club-internet.fr (JNC) (2003-07-02)
Re: lex/yacc in Visual Basic ? afriedl@data-source.com (Andrew) (2003-08-15)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: "Andrew" <afriedl@data-source.com>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 15 Aug 2003 23:46:58 -0400
Posted-Date: 15 Aug 2003 23:46:58 EDT

> Do you know if there is a lex-like and yacc-like generating VB code ?

I have a small project called ScanGen which generates multi-state
scanners/tokenizers based upon an input file. Strictly speaking it is
not a commercial product, however it is self hosting. ScanGen reads
an input specification similar to lex and accepts token event code
written in Visual Basic. It also uses a templated output file similar
to Coco/R so that you can tune the generated scanner and generate VB
classes or modules.

The project contains publicly defined input and output stream
definitions so that input for the scanner can come from strings,
files, or any source that implements the correct Stream API.

  I'm currently using ScanGen to write ParseGen which will be a parser
generator.

My plans are to make both projects OpenSource under the SourceForge.net.
umbrella. All parties interested in helping out (or seeing it) on the
OpenSource market should email me directly. If there is enough interest, I
will take the time to open a SourceForge project for it.

Andrew