|ANNOUNCE: aiSee Graph Layout Software -- Release 2.1.87 firstname.lastname@example.org (2003-06-20)|
|From:||email@example.com (Alexander A. Evstiougov-Babaev)|
|Date:||20 Jun 2003 00:18:29 -0400|
|Posted-Date:||20 Jun 2003 00:18:28 EDT|
When working with any kind of complex relational data, visualization
provides for much better and faster understanding. aiSee was developed
to visualize the internal data structures typically found in compilers.
Today it is widely used in many different areas:
- Database management (entity relationship diagrams)
- Genealogy (family trees)
- Business management (organization charts)
- Software development (control flow graphs, PERT charts)
- Hardware design (circuit diagrams, networks)
aiSee reads a textual, easy-to-read and easy-to-learn graph
specification and automatically calculates a customizable graph layout.
This layout is then displayed, and can be interactively explored, printed,
or exported to various formats.
aiSee has been optimized to handle huge graphs automatically generated
by other applications (e.g. compilers). It is available for Windows,
various Unix dialects, and Mac OS X/X11.
Visit http://www.aiSee.com/gallery for example graphs.
- Excellent readability of graphs:
= Nodes are placed in a hierarchy of layers
= Nodes are positioned without overlapping
= Crossing of edges is reduced/avoided
= Edges are kept short and straight
- 15 basic graph layout methods, including:
= force-directed layout
= depth-first-search layout algorithms
= specialized algorithm for layout of trees
- Fast layout calculation for huge graphs
- Zooming of graphs and easy navigation
- Recursive subgraph nesting and folding:
= Folding of complete subgraphs
= Hiding of edges
= Folding of connected regions
- Fish-eye views
- Animation of series of graphs and animation after relayout
- Export of graphs to various formats including colored Postscript
- Easy printing of graphs on multiple pages
Most recent enhancements
- PNG support
- SVG support
- Improved PS support
- Improved algorithms
- Feature enhancements
- Performance, stability and usability improvements
- Numerous bugfixes
For details, visit http://www.aiSee.com/news
Visit http://www.aiSee.com/download for a free 30-day trial version.
aiSee is available free of charge for non-commercial usage. The price
for a commercial single-user license starts at EUR 395 (~US $462) and
drops from there (e.g. discounts for site licenses).
For more information
66123 Saarbruecken, Germany
phone: +49 681 831 831 7
fax : +49 681 831 832 0
Web : http://www.AbsInt.com
AbsInt provides sophisticated software products and advanced services
in the areas of compiler technology, static program analysis, worst-case
execution time prediction, and software visualization.
Return to the
Search the comp.compilers archives again.