Grammar generator?

kernel_learner@yahoo.com (Learner)
29 May 2003 03:31:47 -0400

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Grammar generator? kernel_learner@yahoo.com (2003-05-29)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: kernel_learner@yahoo.com (Learner)
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 29 May 2003 03:31:47 -0400
Posted-Date: 29 May 2003 03:31:47 EDT

Hi all,

    I was wondering how people define grammars. i.e. say I have a small
set of strings which constitute a language. What would be the usual
way to go about defining the grammar for that language? Is there a
tool that automates this process i.e. converting input strings to a
grammar specification.?

Thanks!
LEArNeR
[If your language really consists only of a fixed set of strings,
the grammar is S1 | S2 | S3 | ... SN where Si are the strings.
Interesting languages have recursive syntax definitions. -John]