post C++ template/inlining resolution

"Simon" <simon_newsgroup@mookstar.co.uk>
24 May 2003 16:04:26 -0400

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
post C++ template/inlining resolution simon_newsgroup@mookstar.co.uk (Simon) (2003-05-24)
Re: post C++ template/inlining resolution idbaxter@semdesigns.com (Ira Baxter) (2003-05-29)
Re: post C++ template/inlining resolution sbeasley@cs.uic.edu (2003-06-03)
Re: post C++ template/inlining resolution comeau@panix.com (2003-06-05)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: "Simon" <simon_newsgroup@mookstar.co.uk>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers,comp.lang.c++
Date: 24 May 2003 16:04:26 -0400
Posted-Date: 24 May 2003 16:04:26 EDT

Hi,

I would like somehow to be able to define a set of C++ template types
(including inline methods that are fairly simple), and pass it through
something to get out an intermediate version (in C or some
representation that is vaguely human readable) so I can see what it
has resolved to and what the compiler has to play with. The main goal
is to check nothing is getting in the way of it all folding out so
there is no overhead. Looking at ASM has gone too far, as by that time
the compiler has made tradeoffs etc. I want to see what it has to play
with before it has made any decisions.

Is there anything out there to do this, be it a primary function or
some flag that dumps out an intermediate representation of some form.

Thanks for your time,
Simon ;o)