Compiler Design?

"Asad Raza Kazmi" <asad@nigsun.net.pk>
18 May 2003 23:57:59 -0400

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Compiler Design? asad@nigsun.net.pk (Asad Raza Kazmi) (2003-05-18)
Re: Compiler Design? fidelviegas@nodomain.com (Fidel Viegas) (2003-05-29)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: "Asad Raza Kazmi" <asad@nigsun.net.pk>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 18 May 2003 23:57:59 -0400
Posted-Date: 18 May 2003 23:57:59 EDT

Hi,

I want to write a compile or interprate in my native language , that
is "URDU" , yet no urdu support is available ,so can any one guide me
from where to start

URDU language uses arabic alphabets and some addational alphabets , OS
i prefer to use is linux , so what is the best suggestion for designe.
I have an idea that designe a normal urdu text editor and then designe
an interprater which translates urdu text code and then use the
pre-compiled compilers to generate code actual source code(in english
or any other language) .

Actually it will be a Compiler Translator . So what is the first step
to start. can any one give me an idea how to write a translator. What
step to follow or any nice documentation , i got the book Compilers:
Principles techniques tools by Alfred.V.Aho ,Sethi ,J.D.Ullman will it
be help full?

Thirdly what topic i have to grip while designing a Translator.

I have quite good experience on C/C++, and currently doing assembly
language on dos but prefer to develop this compiler translator on
linux.

Any help will be appreciated

Thanks and Regards
Asad Kazmi
[ Do you want to translate Urdu into another language like English, or do
you want to write computer programs where you include names and strings
in Urdu? The first is beyond the state of the art, but the second is now
straightforward if you use wide or multibyte characters, probably with
UNICODE encoding. -John]