Bash Shell Script and a C Program...How to Port Both to Windows?

leonworkman_2000@yahoo.com (Leon Workman)
15 May 2003 12:35:41 -0400

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Bash Shell Script and a C Program...How to Port Both to Windows? leonworkman_2000@yahoo.com (2003-05-15)
Re: Bash Shell Script and a C Program...How to Port Both to Window one2001boy@yahoo.com (one2001boy@yahoo.com) (2003-05-18)
Re: Bash Shell Script and a C Program...How to Port Both to Window lex@cc.gatech.edu (Lex Spoon) (2003-05-23)
Re: Bash Shell Script and a C Program...How to Port Both to Windows? snicol@apk.net (Scott Nicol) (2003-05-24)
Re: Bash Shell Script and a C Program...How to Port Both to Windows? lex@cc.gatech.edu (Lex Spoon) (2003-05-29)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: leonworkman_2000@yahoo.com (Leon Workman)
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 15 May 2003 12:35:41 -0400
Posted-Date: 15 May 2003 12:35:41 EDT

All,
          I've got a bash shell script that has over 2500 lines of code in
it. Within the shell script, it calls an executable, which I have the
C source code for which is over 2000 lines in length. I want to get
both to run on Windows, and I've downloaded Cygwin, and this will do
the trick for the C program. Is there any quick and dirty way to port
the shell script over without having to install Cygwin on the machines
that will be running the bash script (short of re-writing the bash
portion in C also)? Is there any clever way to compile the C code
with the shell script and have it spit out an executable that can run
onWwindows (gee, not asking for much am I)?

Thank-you,
Leon Workman
leonworkman_2000@yahoo.com
[I've seen occasional shell compilers, but I don't think I've seen any
that worked very well. -John]