Re: I need MS SQL parser - please advice

Francois Gagnon <>
13 May 2003 04:15:27 -0400

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
I need MS SQL parser - please advice (Tom Jastrzebski) (2003-05-06)
Re: I need MS SQL parser - please advice (Francois Gagnon) (2003-05-13)
Re: I need MS SQL parser - please advice (Kurt Svensson) (2003-07-15)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: Francois Gagnon <>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 13 May 2003 04:15:27 -0400
Posted-Date: 13 May 2003 04:15:27 EDT

We have a compiler which is a subset of SQL and we used ANTLR for this.
I would definetely recommand ANTLR over yacc... I have never used
JavaCC though...

if you are looking for a BNF grammar, it may be hard to find... but it
should not be too hard to write one using
You can probably start with a generic SQL grammar (I heard that ANTLR
has one) and "tweek" it for sql server...