Re: Dynamic compiling

Marko =?ISO-8859-1?Q?M=E4kel=E4?= <Marko.Makela@HUT.FI>
12 May 2003 01:29:46 -0400

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Dynamic compiling (David) (2003-05-06)
Re: Dynamic compiling (Basile STARYNKEVITCH) (2003-05-12)
Re: Dynamic compiling Marko.Makela@HUT.FI (Marko =?ISO-8859-1?Q?M=E4kel=E4?=) (2003-05-12)
Re: Dynamic compiling (Hugo Rozas) (2003-05-12)
Re: Dynamic compiling (TOUATI Sid) (2003-05-12)
Re: Dynamic compiling (A Pietu Pohjalainen) (2003-05-12)
Re: Dynamic compiling (Thant Tessman) (2003-05-12)
Re: Dynamic compiling (Ivan Boldyrev) (2003-05-13)
Re: Dynamic compiling (Ross Bencina) (2003-05-14)
[6 later articles]
| List of all articles for this month |

From: Marko =?ISO-8859-1?Q?M=E4kel=E4?= <Marko.Makela@HUT.FI>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 12 May 2003 01:29:46 -0400
Posted-Date: 12 May 2003 01:29:46 EDT

>>>>> "David" == David <> writes:

David> Hi, I am looking for a small efficient free/opensource compiler
David> to integrate into my program. it should allow you to compile
David> directly into memory, then execute the code directly from
David> memory.

Can you use an external compiler and dynamically link the generated
code into your executable? That would involve some temporary files.

I've implemented a C code generator for a state space exploration tool
(a kind of simulator, The
program invokes the C compiler and linker in a subprocess and links
the resulting shared object with itself. The implementation works on
various Unix-like systems (including Mac OS X), but not on Win32,
since I haven't investigated how the DLL mechanism works there.