mathematical expressions

"Seidl Markus" <_Maverick_@web.de>
6 May 2003 01:29:02 -0400

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
mathematical expressions _Maverick_@web.de (Seidl Markus) (2003-05-06)
Re: mathematical expressions thipse@sasken.com (Rajesh N Thipse) (2003-05-12)
Re: mathematical expressions bobduff@shell01.TheWorld.com (Robert A Duff) (2003-05-13)
Re: mathematical expressions vbdis@aol.com (2003-05-13)
Re: mathematical expressions tmk@netvision.net.il (2003-05-15)
Re: mathematical expressions guillermo.phillips@marsman.demon.co.uk (Guillermo Phillips) (2003-05-15)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: "Seidl Markus" <_Maverick_@web.de>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 6 May 2003 01:29:02 -0400
Posted-Date: 06 May 2003 01:29:02 EDT

Hello :)

I want to write a parser which converts sth like "5+5^2" in an image >
5+5² < (i mean converting from mathematical expression to how you
would write them with your own hand...)

My Problem: for example I write a rule like

<term> ::= 'sqrt(' <term> ')'
                                | <number>

How can i draw the squareroot, when i have the following expression:
sqrt(sqrt(sqrt(5))) ? I think im stuck there.I think i cannot draw
the first square because i dont know how big and long i have to made
it, and i cannot draw the last term, because i don't know where i have
to draw them ( distance between the left edge of the image) ....

can anyone give me a tip ?

thanks for reading, and sorry for my english ...

Markus Seidl