Re: Compiler Theory

Aby Paul <>
6 May 2003 01:25:59 -0400

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Compiler Theory (2003-04-27)
Re: Compiler Theory (2003-05-06)
Re: Compiler Theory (Aby Paul) (2003-05-06)
Re: Compiler Theory (javadesigner) (2003-06-03)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: Aby Paul <>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 6 May 2003 01:25:59 -0400
Posted-Date: 06 May 2003 01:25:58 EDT

Hello Meister

Here is one book that deal with lexical analyser very well (at least
it did for me :))

An Introduction to Compiler Construction, by Thomas W. Parsons,
ISBN 0-7167-8261-8

Though the book talks about creating lexical analyser using Pascal,
implementation using C is pretty straightforward.

MeisterStiff wrote:
> I've two books on compiler theory/writing, but they seem to be all too
> difficult for my current knowledge.
[Send along a slightly longer review, three sentences or so, and I'll add
it to the FAQ. -John]