Create a new compiler (Ming-zhi Lin)
13 Apr 2003 12:22:40 -0400

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Create a new compiler (2003-04-13)
Re: Create a new compiler (Basile STARYNKEVITCH) (2003-04-15)
Re: Create a new compiler (2003-04-20)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: (Ming-zhi Lin)
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 13 Apr 2003 12:22:40 -0400
Posted-Date: 13 Apr 2003 12:22:40 EDT

I try to create a compiler for a 16-bit DSP with 8-bit microprocessor.
There are three free candidates for the front end for this compiler,
But I think GCC is too complex, therefore I prefer to choose LCC or
I have several questions about LCC and SDCC:
1. Which back end of them is easy to retarget?
2. Which generated machine code of them is more efficient?
3. Which of them is stabler?
4. The SDCC supports inline assembly code. How about the LCC?
Thanks for your help.
All of yor opinions will be great helpful to me to evaluate which one
is suitable.

Ming-zhi Lin