parsing theory dubts

"Davide Rizzo" <davide.rizzo78@tin.it>
30 Mar 2003 00:52:38 -0500

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
parsing theory dubts davide.rizzo78@tin.it (Davide Rizzo) (2003-03-30)
Re: parsing theory dubts haberg@math.su.se (2003-03-30)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: "Davide Rizzo" <davide.rizzo78@tin.it>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 30 Mar 2003 00:52:38 -0500
Posted-Date: 30 Mar 2003 00:52:38 EST

I need an answer to the following basic question:
What kind of language Lex and Yacc implement with regard to Chomsky'
classification? I fond some confusione on the argoment!
Which is the the exact definition of the term LALR and de differences
between LALR and LL?
reply at belgioioso@libero.it if u can, regards, Davide

[LALR and LL are both subsets of context-free languages, although I
forget the name that linguists use for that. See any compiler text
for the definitions of the two. LALR is a superset of LL. lex just
does regular expressions which I suppose are a particularly simple
kind of CFG. -John]