RE:C# Syntax tree

Quinn Tyler Jackson <>
23 Mar 2003 22:27:03 -0500

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
C# Syntax tree (Ricky) (2003-03-22)
RE:C# Syntax tree (Quinn Tyler Jackson) (2003-03-23)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: Quinn Tyler Jackson <>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 23 Mar 2003 22:27:03 -0500
Posted-Date: 23 Mar 2003 22:27:03 EST

Ricky asked:

> Does anyone know of a library (or tool) that permits to generate the
> syntactic tree out of the C# code??

Meta-S comes with a C# grammar and produces syntax trees as a standard
side-effect of a parse.

The C# grammar used was developed from the Microsoft documentation of
C#, and can be viewed from the link at the bottom of this document:

If you just need to view C# syntax trees and don't need the bells and
whistles of the full system ... I am working on a prototype of "Meta-S
Lite" which just loads .ABN (A-BNF) grammars and applies them to test
input, producing parse trees as a result. Just send me an email and I can forward a copy of this with the .ABN
version of the C# grammar with the Meta-S Lite prototype. (Win32
systems.) It will let you navigate the tree and correlate the parse
tree nodes to the sections of the test input that generated those

Quinn Tyler Jackson