Automated grammar testing (Aniket Kulkarni)
22 Mar 2003 16:11:17 -0500

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Automated grammar testing (2003-03-22)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: (Aniket Kulkarni)
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 22 Mar 2003 16:11:17 -0500
Posted-Date: 22 Mar 2003 16:11:17 EST

I have a expression parsing grammar. I want to know if there is a
ready made tool (preferably open-source) that parse this grammar and
then generate all possible valid inputs for this grammar.

Also, any other inputs on how I could go about testing of such a
grammar would be appreciated

Thanks in advance
[This question has come up before. Most grammars accept an infinite
language so you can't test them exhaustively, but I've seen programs
that walk the grammar tree and emit random syntactically valid sentences.