Re: C++ Syntax Standards...

Nicola.Musatti@ObjectWay.it (Nicola Musatti)
22 Mar 2003 14:22:51 -0500

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
C++ Syntax Standards... lewi9908@ghc.ctc.edu (lewi9908) (2003-03-14)
Re: C++ Syntax Standards... Nicola.Musatti@ObjectWay.it (2003-03-22)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: Nicola.Musatti@ObjectWay.it (Nicola Musatti)
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 22 Mar 2003 14:22:51 -0500
Posted-Date: 22 Mar 2003 14:22:51 EST

"lewi9908" <lewi9908@ghc.ctc.edu> wrote
> I need to find an complete but easy to read(author wording but bring on the
> C++ tech stuff) website with for generic C++ syntax.
>
> I have read a C syntax website @
> http://www-cse.ucsd.edu/users/kube/stdc/index.html and found the wording of
> C++ syntax website @ http://www.csci.csusb.edu/dick/c++std/cd2/index.html to
> unreadable.

The links you posted lead to very different things: the former is an
old standard C library reference; its updated version is available
here: http://www.dinkumware.com/manuals/reader.aspx?lib=cpp
As you'll see, this is both a C and a C++ library reference. The
second is an obsolete, preliminary version of the C++ standard
document, whose current edition is available for sale here:
http://webstore.ansi.org/ansidocstore/product.asp?sku=INCITS%2FISO%2FIEC+14882%2D1998

Cheers,
Nicola Musatti
[The printed standard is quite expensive, but the downloadable PDF is
only $18. You can print it if you want to, but being able to search
an electronic copy is very handy. As someone else pointed out, the
standard is not the most readable possible description of C++ syntax,
but it's the only one that you can be sure is correct. -John]