Re: Some Guidance for a newbie

"ls" <lstavenhagen@hotmail.com>
14 Mar 2003 11:26:51 -0500

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Some Guidance for a newbie jsulliva77@yahoo.com (2003-03-09)
Re: Some Guidance for a newbie lstavenhagen@hotmail.com (ls) (2003-03-14)
Re: Some Guidance for a newbie urfaust@optushome.com.au (Faust) (2003-03-14)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: "ls" <lstavenhagen@hotmail.com>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 14 Mar 2003 11:26:51 -0500
Posted-Date: 14 Mar 2003 11:26:51 EST

If you can find a copy of it anywhere, I'd suggest "Mathematical
Methods in Linguistics", by Robert E. Wall, Alicer TerMeulin and
Barbera Partee. The context of the book is formal linguistics so the
formalisms and presentation is a bit of a departure from computer
science. But the latter half of the book is one of the best surveys of
the Chomsky hierarchy I've read so far. Not too relentlessly formal
but at the same time, not too shallow.....

LS