|ANAGRA: a visual tool to study syntax analysis techniques email@example.com (=?iso-8859-1?Q?Joaqu=EDn?= Ezpeleta) (2003-01-25)|
|From:||=?iso-8859-1?Q?Joaqu=EDn?= Ezpeleta <firstname.lastname@example.org>|
|Date:||25 Jan 2003 01:06:11 -0500|
|Posted-Date:||25 Jan 2003 01:06:10 EST|
By means of this e-mail I would like to announce the tool ANAGRA 2.0.
ANAGRA is a tool to help people studying analysis
phases in compiler construction. It has been used in the last two
years by my students of Compiling Techniques at the university of
Zaragoza (Spain) with satisfactory results.
ANAGRA is a Java application (the java runtime environment is enough
to execute it) with the following characteristics. Taking as input a
grammar in a Yacc syntax the tool can:
* compute the FIRST and FOLLOW functions
* carry out some grammar transformations as:
- left factoring
- removal of useless symbols
- removal of epsilon-productions
- removal of direct left recursion
* to compute and show LL(1), SLR(1), LR(1) and LALR(1)
analysis tables an automata
* to interactively carry out the syntax analysis according to
any of the previous techniques, showing in a graphical way the
evolution of the stack, input and syntax tree
* to configure some editing preferences as the language of the
menus and messages (sorry for the syntax errors in non-spanish
languages), font, etc.
The tool can be downloaded from the following URL
Also a user manual can be downloaded. Despite the manual being in
Spanish, the use of the tool is so intuitive (for people working on
the subject) that no manual is needed.
Best regards Joaquin Ezpeleta
- JOAQUIN EZPELETA
- Dpto. de Inform'atica e Ingenier'ia de Sistemas
- C.P.S. Universidad de Zaragoza
- URL: http://www.cps.unizar.es/~ezpeleta/
Return to the
Search the comp.compilers archives again.