Re: scripting language integration?

Ben Elliston <bje@redhat.com>
25 Jan 2003 01:01:01 -0500

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
scripting language integration? fidel.viegas@artrecognition.co.uk (Fidel viegas) (2003-01-21)
Re: scripting language integration? cboumenot@nauticusnet.com (Christopher Boumenot) (2003-01-25)
Re: scripting language integration? bje@redhat.com (Ben Elliston) (2003-01-25)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: Ben Elliston <bje@redhat.com>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 25 Jan 2003 01:01:01 -0500
Posted-Date: 25 Jan 2003 01:01:00 EST

> language. Does anyone have a link to a site where I can find a
> tutorial on how to do this kind of integration? Basically I want to
> write system such as python or tcl that can interact with c++ and
> vice-versa. Could anyone give me a pointer of a site or a book?

Like other subjects like linkers, there probably isn't all that much
literature out there on scripting language binding design. I expect
that studying the design of Tcl, Python and other similar scripting
languages could give you an indication of good design choices and less
good design choices.

In languages like Tcl, a C API is made available for programs in other
languages to interact with the interpreter.

Ben