Re: NFA to DFA question
17 Jan 2003 20:03:38 -0500

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
NFA to DFA question (Unmesh joshi) (2003-01-12)
Re: NFA to DFA question (Clint Olsen) (2003-01-17)
Re: NFA to DFA question (2003-01-17)
Re: NFA to DFA question (Michael N. Christoff) (2003-01-17)
Re: NFA to DFA question (2003-01-21)
Re: NFA to DFA question (Joachim Durchholz) (2003-01-25)
Re: NFA to DFA question (Ralph Becket) (2003-01-30)
| List of all articles for this month |

Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 17 Jan 2003 20:03:38 -0500
Posted-Date: 17 Jan 2003 20:03:38 EST

Unmesh joshi <> wrote:
+ I am reading the compilers book by Aho ullman, and I have one doubt about
+ NFA to DFA conversion.
+ "Every state of DFA corresponds to 'set of states' in NFA". Can anybody
+ explain to me this? Does anybody has a source code sample for NFA-DFA? May
+ be if I implement the DFA algorithm I will understand what that means.

It's much simpler than that. At every step of the deterministic
computation you are in the set of all states that you might be in
under the non-deterministic computation had you scanned the same input

Tom Payne