RE: Parser for C++ implemented in Java

Quinn Tyler Jackson <qjackson@shaw.ca>
17 Jan 2003 19:43:53 -0500

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Parser for C++ implemented in Java davidp@imec.be (2003-01-07)
RE: Parser for C++ implemented in Java qjackson@shaw.ca (Quinn Tyler Jackson) (2003-01-17)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: Quinn Tyler Jackson <qjackson@shaw.ca>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 17 Jan 2003 19:43:53 -0500
Posted-Date: 17 Jan 2003 19:43:53 EST

> Does anybody has experience on parsing large C++ source code with
> javacc or another java based parser ? After reading the previous
> posts, it seems to be quite tricky, any information would be greatly
> appreciated.

It's probably not what you're looking for, but I decided to implement
a JNI interface to Meta-S. What I suppose this means is that Java
programs deployed on Windows and *nix systems will be able to parse
with the ANSI/ISO compliant C++ grammar that is included with the next
version. This may or may not suit your needs.

That having been said -- does anyone know of a C++ compiler that will
most closely emulate the issues that *nix systems will throw at my JNI
code if I include it in the distribution?

--
Quinn Tyler Jackson
http://members.shaw.ca/qjackson/