Re: PL/M or C or Ada cross compiler on Vax or Solaris or Windows for Intel 80186

Bob Sheff <PBgeek@att.net>
19 Dec 2002 12:41:56 -0500

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
PL/M or C or Ada cross compiler on Vax or Solaris or Windows for Intel dhivyab_ramasamy@infy.com (2002-12-11)
Re: PL/M or C or Ada cross compiler on Vax or Solaris or Windows for lars@bearnip.com (2002-12-13)
Re: PL/M or C or Ada cross compiler on Vax or Solaris or Windows for Martin.Ward@durham.ac.uk (2002-12-19)
Re: PL/M or C or Ada cross compiler on Vax or Solaris or Windows for josejuanmr@lycos.es (2002-12-19)
Re: PL/M or C or Ada cross compiler on Vax or Solaris or Windows for PBgeek@att.net (Bob Sheff) (2002-12-19)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: Bob Sheff <PBgeek@att.net>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 19 Dec 2002 12:41:56 -0500
Posted-Date: 19 Dec 2002 12:41:55 EST

On 11 Dec 2002 22:30:47 -0500, dhivyab_ramasamy@infy.com (Dhivya) wrote:

>Hi,
>
>Domain: Embedded Systems
>
>Our Requirement: Migration of a development environment from VAX/VMS
>5.5 platform to either Unix or any other suitable platform. The
>existing development environment has tools that auto generate code in
> PLM86 language and ASM186 assembly. A part of code is also manually
>generated in PLM and ASM. The PLM and ASM code are cross compiled
>using ASM186 and PLM86 compilers on to Intel 80186 target processor.
>
>For the new environment the target processor remains same (80186).
>Only the development environment is migrated. Request to provide us
>some pointers/help in the availability of the following:
>1) ASM/PLM 186 cross compilers on Unix/Windows/DOS
>2) ASM, PLM to C or Ada converters

Applied Conversion Technologies (www.actworld.com) has production quality
translators for a couple of languages including:
  PL/M to C developed for Elbit Systems Ltd. Israel
also we have a C to Ada translator to futher move the PL/M code to Ada if
desired.

As the inventor/developer of the translation system, I have access to its
internals, and can support your project in many ways, including a
customizable assembly to C translator, which I have under development.

regards, Bob Sheff